Creating Tracking Link and Its Features
An ‘All-in-One’ Link Systemlink
Airbridge Tracking Link can be configured in a way that a single link can be set to land to App Markets by platforms (i.e. Android, iOS, desktop) or a specific webpage. If the App is installed, with Deep Link, it can bring Users to a specific in-App content. Also, by configuring link preview (Open Graph), enhanced branding and UX can be offered.
Start your marketing campaign now, just by making a number of clicks on Airbridge Dashboard.
Creating Tracking Linklink
The Tracking Link follows attribute values of Google Analytics. Supported attribute values will correspond to Google URL Builder on one-on-one basis. So, if you use Google Analytics, you can use the same feature in Tracking Link.
|Attribute Value Type||Airbridge Attribute Value||Google URL Builder|
|Sub Sub Medium1||sub\_id_1||-|
|Sub Sub Medium2||sub\_id_2||-|
|Sub Sub Medium3||sub\_id_3||-|
Step 1. Setting Link Types and Information (Required)link
- Select ‘Create Tracking Link’
- Select Link Type (Required): Link types are grouped into ‘Click’ and ‘View’, depending on the ad attribution criteria and how the link works.
- Select channel type and channel for publishing (Required): If the ad is executed via channel, select ‘Paid Channel and select a channel. When executing ads on viral channels (i.e. Facebook Page, Naver Blog), select ‘Viral Channel’ and select a channel. If you cannot find the channel you want, you can submit the channel name yourself by hitting the return key, or select ‘Create Custom Channel’. Custom Paid Channel: The Postback feature is not supported to Paid Channel which are not published on Airbridge. If the Paid Channel you would like to integrate with Postback is unlisted, select ‘Request for Registration’ on the right part of Custom Paid Channel name.
- Submit basic information for Tracking Link (Optional)
- When you create a Tracking Link by submitting information such as campaign, ad group, ad creative, sub channel, contents, and keywords, sub-sub channel, then you will get a segmented statistical report from ‘Statistics by Tracking Links” page.'
- Only alphabet letters, numbers, designated special characters (-, _, .) can be submitted for the basic information.
Step 2. Setting Path (Optional)link
The paths are set to default preferences by platforms. For mobile (Android, iOS) platforms, if App Market information has been configured on ‘Manage App Info > App Basic Info’, it will be selected to ‘App Market’ in regards. When the App Market information is not set up, than it will be selected to ‘Web URL’. The PC platforms will be set to ‘Airpage’ as default preference.
Configuration by Platformslink
In addition to basic preference by platforms, user paths can be configured as follows, depending on desktop platforms.
- Android : App Market (Google Play Store) or web URL
- iOS : App Market (Apple AppStore) or web URL
- Desktop : Airpage, App Market (Web Google Play Store), or web URL
Setting Deep Linklink
When a User who already installed the App clicks on the Tracking Link, they can be directed to a specific in-App page. Select ‘Setting Deep Link Path’ and submit Path, Key, and Value. The Custom URL Scheme doesn’t have to be submitted because it will be auto-filled from [Setting Deep Link] tab of the Dashboard. If Path, Key, and Value are not configured, then it will be directed to App’s Homeview.
- Setting Deep Link for Android
- Setting Deep Link for iOS
- Setting Deep Link for ‘Facebook Ad’, a Paid Channel
Setting All to Web URLlink
By selecting ‘Setting All to Web URL’ option, it will be linked to configured web URL of website regardless of platform type (i.e. Android, iOS, desktop) or app install availability.
Step 3. Setting Preview (Optional)link
When sharing a Tracking Link, the Open Graph preview, such as image, title, and description can be configured. By default, [Manage App Info]> [Default Preview Info] is reflected in the settings, and you can configure preview information for each Tracking Link. For more details, please refer to the ‘Customizing Preview Info’ guide.
Step 4. Complete Creating Tracking Link & Statistical Reportlink
By clicking on ‘Complete Creation’ button, a Tracking Link will be created. Already created Tracking Links can be viewed from ‘Created Tracking Link’ tab.
Additional Features of Tracking Linklink
Auto-created Airpage and SMS Deliverylink
Airapage is an auto-created page on Airbridge, which is designed for desktop Users. When the app is published on Airbridge Dashboard, then a web page is created based on app name description, and reviews. And this web page will be displayed to Users.
The desktop Users who landed on Airpage can submit personal mobile number to send the download link to one’s mobile device, and can move to App’s website through ‘See Website’ on the upper right corner.
If you wish to send desktop Users to other websites other than Airpage, than you can configure your web URL from path setting during ‘Create Tracking Link’.
Custom Preview Infolink
Airbridge offers a custom feature to the marketers, so that they can adjust OG Tag of Tracking Link without developer consultation. Basically, the settings are reflected in ‘Manage App Info > Default Preview Info’, and you can configure Preview Info by Tracking Links. You can also deliver a marketing message, if you custom optimize campaign information and channel for Preview, to which the Tracking Link will be distributed.
- OG Tag: OG Tag is an abbreviation for ‘Open Graph Tag’. On Facebook, an Open Graph Protocol is observed, so that websites can better represent their meta data in structure.
When creating a Tracking Link, you can configure the setting from ‘Preview’ of Creating Tracking Link page.
After Tracking Link is completed, the preview info can be modified from ‘Created Tracking Link’ on Dashboard.
Preview info will not be immediately modified When you publish Tracking Link to platforms such as Kakao Talk or Facebook, and then modify preview info, the changes will not be immediately reflected due to caching. The changes will be reflected after some time, but if you want an immediate change reflection, refresh cache by platforms.
- Facebook: Facebook for Developers > Sharing Debugger > Submit Tracking Link > Select 'Debug' > Select 'Scrape Again'
- Kakao Talk: Kakao Talk for Developers > Developer Guide > Cache Tool > Submit Tracking Link > Select 'Request'
Airbridge offers a custom domain feature to help customers' brand their tracking links. Branded tracking links can be created and distributed using the domains owned by you, instead of using the default domain provided by Airbridge (abr.ge).
1. Add Custom Domain
Select [Add custom domain] under [Tracking Link] > [Domain Setting].
Please be noted that the custom domain must contain subdomain and root domain at the same time. Also, path value cannot be added under the domain. Please refer to the examples below.
|Custom Domain Examples||Availability||Reason|
|mycar.best.com||O||Contains both subdomain(mycar) and root domain(best.com)|
|best.com||X||Does not contain subdomain|
|mycar.best.com/best_item||X||Contains path(/best_item) under the domain|
2. Create CNAME record
The domain will be registered as 'waiting' right after being added.
To utilize the registered custom domain as a display domain, the CNAME record has to be created via your DNS (Domain Name Server) system by copying the exact name and value provided by on Airbridge dashboard.
This work can be done by requesting the DNS manager of your service. Please refer to the example of AWS Route 53, one of the DNS services.
Example - AWS Route 53
It may take up to 24 hours to apply the changes on DNS. When the application is ready, please click the refresh button to check. Then, the status of the custom domain will be changed to 'available' and available to be used as a custom domain.
3. Configure display domain
The display domain is the default domain displayed when you create tracking links on custom channels.
You can configure the display domain among any available custom domains. Custom domain with a blue bookmark icon is the display domain, and you can change it by clicking the icon or the domain that you want to change.
Both the remaining custom domain and the preset domain (abr.ge) can be used for your custom channel tracking links regardless of the display domain. Also, previously created tracking links, which can be found under 'created tracking links', will be changed in accordance with the display domain.
- You can add up to 2 custom domains. If you need more than three custom domains, please contact your Customer Success Manager or Customer Success Team.
- Custom domains will be applied only to tracking links on custom channels. Tracking links on integrated channels will be provided as the default domain(abr.ge)
Creating Dynamic Tracking Linklink
Outside Dashboard, the dynamic Tracking Link can be created. A very simple use case is as below.
http://abr.ge/@[[[app name]]/[[channel name]]
For example, if you want to create a dynamic link for Facebook, as a marketer of ‘reap as you sow’, you can create a Tracking Link as the following. At this time, the pre-configured unique English name of the 'reap as you sow' app is bbu, and the channel of the Tracking Link you want to create is Facebook (You can find your app's unique name from the 'Manage App Info' page).
If you want to set all five attribute values, such as channel, when creating Tracking Links outside Dashboard, you can set them with the query string as shown below. In this Create Tracking Link guide, you can refer to a description of the settings for all five attribute values.
Query String: A format used to pass data from a URI, starting with a question mark (?), Such as?key1=value1&key2=value2&key3=, and several codes are connected by an ampersand(&).
(Note) Linking/Publishing Tracking Linklink
- Paid Channel Integration: After creating Tracking Link, it should be reflected to the system of the concerned Paid Channel.
- Publishing Viral Channel: After creating Tracking Link, publish it to the Viral Channel. For more details, please refer to the ‘Publishing Viral Channel’ guide
(Note) Testing Tracking Linklink
Testing All-in-One Link Redirectionlink
Depending on the in-app browser settings, the Tracking Link may not direct to path as configured while Tracking Link was created.
The following test result is based on the test conducted on June 14, 2017. It may be subject to change in accordance with browser version updates and/or policy changes, or policy changes to Android and iOS. Airbridge internal QA will be conducting regular testings, when you come across an unexpected course of action, please report to ‘1:1 Inquiry’ from the bottom right corner.
|Browser Type||In case Android App is uninstalled||In case iOS App is uninstalled|
|When Web URL is designated||When App Market is designated||When Web URL is designated||When App Market is designated|
|Chrome||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Android(default)||Move to WebURL||Move to App Market (App version)||-||-|
|iOS Safari||-||-||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Facebook In-app Browser||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Kakao Talk In-app Browser||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Naver In-app Browser||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Gmail||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to Web URL||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Facebook App Feed||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)|
|Facebook Web Feed||Depends on browser setting from the web’s feed||Depends on browser setting from the web’s feed||Depends on browser setting from the web’s feed||Depends on browser setting from the web’s feed|
|Facebook Ad||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)||Move to App Market (App version)|
When the User is pasting to the address bar, it may not work well according the actions above.
For example, if you paste a Tracking Link directly to the Android Chrome address bar that moves Users to the App Market (app version), you'll be taken to the "web version" App Market, instead of the app version.
Similarly, if you paste directly into the address bar of your Android default browser, you will be taken to the Google search results page. This can be understood with each manufacturer or browser policy that does not wish to impair customer experience when links are pasted to the address bar.
(Note) When Tracking Link cannot be sent to Web URL (App uninstalled)link
Even if you designate an web URL as web path, you will always be directed to "App Market (App version)", such as Android's Facebook in-app browser, KakaoTalk in-app browser, Naver in-app browser and Facebook app feed and ads (i.e. Android , iOS), due to technical constraints.
Therefore, in under the dynamic setting of Tracking Link, when app is uninstalled, even if a User designates the path to a web URL, the link may not function as intended.
This is because Airbridge service system uses various branching methods, and the required dynamic setting for each methods differ respectively. For more details on branching methods and adoptable dynamic setting, please refer to the information below.
|Branching Method||Platform||App Market||Designated Web URL||Operation Setting|
|JS Branching (Intent)||Android||O||O||Chrome, Android (default browser), Gmail|
|JS Branching (General)||Android||O||X (fixed App Marketof App version)||Facebook in-app browser, Kakao Talk in-app browser, Naver in-app browser*, etc.|
|JS Branching (General)||iOS||O||O||Safari and all other browsers on iOS|
|HTTPS Branching (Android App Links)||Android||O||O||Chrome, Android (default browser), Gmail|
|HTTPS Branching (iOS Universal Link)||iOS||O||O||Safari|
|Facebook Applinks Branching||Android, iOS||O||X (fixed App Marketof App version)||Facebook app feed* (web feed non-applicable), Facebook ad|
- HTTPS Branching: Branching through HTTPS Deep Links (i.e. Android App Links, iOS Universal Link). For more details, see Android App Links Official Guide and the iOS Universal Link Official Guide.
- Facebook Applinks Branching: Facebook branches through its self-standard called Applinks, so it is not possible to move Users to a web URL when the app is uninstalled, rather it can only be moved to App Market. Please see Facebook Applinks Guide for more details.
- (Note) In-App browser: When a link on Facebook app feed is clicked, its its own browser opens, allowing Users to surf on web. Such browser which runs within App is called in-App browser as a whole. In South Korea, some of the common in-app browsers include Facebook, Kakao Talk, and Naver.
- (Note) App Feed vs. Web Feed: Even under the same Facebook service, the feed as viewed from Facebook App and Web are different. On app feed, the native code can determine whether the app has been installed in advance, therefore it follows Applinks. However, on web feed, it is the opposite. Since it app install cannot be determined in advance, the link is enabled in plain manner, and then follows the browser setting (For example, If you are logged on to Facebook on Chrome mobile, and click a link, you will be following through the Chrome setting).
(Note) Safari Error Pop-uplink
When a Deep Link is enabled as a JS branch (Intent) on iOS Safari, the following error pop-ups can appear. This pop-up is an intended action on iOS, not an error from Airbridge branching system. If you have any further inquiries relating to this error, please reach us through ‘1:1 Inquiry’ from the bottom right corner.